I finished the Bauer Tam yesterday. It is another bright and colorful design so by now you have probably figured out that I like bright and cheery. I wanted this one to have a ‘stacked’ pancake appearance so I blocked it in a somewhat different way that I will show you.
I put in a simple mosaic design around the brim because I wanted the busier work on top of the tam instead of around the face.
When I blocked it on the dinner plate, I smooched it down to look like stacked pancakes:
Because this is the look I’m going for, a slouchy stacked beret. I’m on my way down for a photo shoot with my daughter and I’m certain she will inform me if this stacked look is not to her liking. In fact, if she thinks it is ridiculous, I will be informed. So, I may come home tonight and re-block the Bauer Tam into a more traditional shape, or then again I may not.
The charts are complete and I’m now writing the pattern. I hope to have it available on Ravelry (and here on the Mumster’s blog) this coming weekend.